We seek an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Software Designer/Developer position on our software team. AB&R is looking for a candidate with strong experience in cloud and traditional architecture/design, complex system development, API design, and strong .Net skills. Our ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented team player that can support junior developers and easily discuss solutions with corporate customers. The position requires a broad software technology background and someone who can collaboratively develop complex supply chain solutions. The position will entail working in a fast-paced environment with engineers, managers, Sales, Marketing, and other stakeholders who are all responsible for enhancing our existing suite of system applications and services. Our focus is on the development and the implementation of new software systems, is both exciting and challenging – making you a significant part of company success. Experience with supply chain and warehouse management systems is a big plus.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of software design/development experience with the Microsoft. Net Core, Full stack, as well as Open-Source frameworks and libraries
- 5+ years with software design/architecture, patterns, and complex integration technologies – including Azure Cloud Services & containerization, and N-tier development.
- 3-5+ years of object-oriented design/development and solutions development with C# and .Net Core, and Objects or Entities
- 2+ years of experience with Web services and Entity framework
- 3+ years’ experience building application APIs with REST and SOA services (XML, DOM, JSON, etc)
- Experience building applications with SQL and non-SQL data storage, data persistence and caching. (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with modern version control systems, build principles, and tools (Git, Bitbucket). Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- 3+ years of working with Agile software development methods (scrum a plus)
- Training & knowledge of software engineering best practices, software development, test-driven development (TDD/BDD), code reviews, design documentation, CI/CD and experience to setup, configure and maintain a dynamic software product dev/build environment
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills and assist Product Support teams in solving customer problems as needed.
- Perform code reviews, create unit and integration tests, etc
- Understanding of writing good requirements, test strategies, and project management roles
- Must have excellent written and oral skills – delivering design documents, easy to understand architecture, and communicating with external customers
- Researching and exploring how to use new technologies and platforms
- Be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to mentor junior programmers and help insure successful delivery
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience & training in Azure, Web Methods, Docker, Kubernetes
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, advanced technical education from a recognized program or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience.
Voted Top Company to Work for In AZ (7 Years in a Row!)
Who is AB&R?
Since 1980, AB&R® (American Barcode and RFID) has been a nationally-recognized integrator of proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in the supply chain. Those solutions include asset tracking, inventory management, workforce mobilization, wireless networking, and the managed services to support them all. We are currently looking for Regional account manager who will actively promote American Barcode and RFID’s solution offerings to customers and grow business within a given territory.
We at AB&R work to together to ensure all company and personal goals are reached. Every employee is essential to AB&R’s success and future. AB&R’s core values include Accountability, Integrity, Empowerment, Communication and Fun. Learn more about AB&R’s culture.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered.