Depot Service Repair Technician
This energetic, technical problem solver will have excellent communication and trouble shooting skills. You will serve existing accounts by supporting the service contract renewal process, analyzing service work orders, build electronic subassemblies, repairing label printing equipment, investigating issues, conducting tests, and resolving problems. Delivers service by diagnosis of equipment; ordering and gathering component parts, completing repair or installation, and performing acceptance tests.
This organized professional is a team player who is open-minded and a good listener. This person is eager to learn and learns new skills quickly. Maintaining a professional appearance, this person is self-motivated, highly ethical and driven to exceed customer expectations.
- 1+ years of experience – test, troubleshoot, and repair bar-coding equipment, scanners, mobile computers, printers in a depot or on-site environment
- Record, respond, and escalate Technical Support Cases in ERP
- Provide telephone technical support for internal and external customers, both hardware and packaged software (.Bartender or Zebra card studio), but not limited to these software packages
- Keep accurate records of work orders, cases, projects time tracking and repair service in ERP, data entry, quoting, sales orders, record maintenance
- Plan, manage, and perform on-site service calls
- Prepare quotes, upon request, process orders and provide ETA’s for part orders
- Actively seek training and increase knowledge base and maintain necessary partner certifications
- Complete AIDC and RFID functions, configuration (including creating cables), programming (such as the EPL/ZPL programming – but not limited to specific customers), and printing
- Any other duties as required contributing to Service Organization
- 1+ years of experience – general soldering skill in connection of PCB, wires and components. Troubleshoot and repair bad solder connections
- Read and understand wire diagrams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A clean driving record is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate degree from two-year College or University; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general maintenance manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, profit margins, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to lift 90 pounds from floor level to bench level and or move them from our shipping receiving area to the service area and or from customer location to the service vehicle and back. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a Phoenix based position but travel to client and potential client sites is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Wage: $16.50-$18.50/HR (DOE)
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401K (After 90 days of employment)
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid training and tuition assistance
WHO IS AB&R?
Since 1980, AB&R® (American Barcode and RFID) has been a nationally-recognized integrator of proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in the supply chain. Those solutions include asset tracking, inventory management, workforce mobilization, wireless networking, and the managed services to support them all. We are currently looking for Regional account manager who will actively promote American Barcode and RFID’s solution offerings to customers and grow business within a given territory.
We at AB&R work to together to ensure all company and personal goals are reached. Every employee is essential to AB&R’s success and future. AB&R’s core values include Accountability, Integrity, Empowerment, Communication and Fun. Learn more about AB&R’s culture.
Voted Top Company to Work for In AZ (7 Years in a Row!)
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered.