OUR INDUSTRY-LEADING ENGINEERS WILL COME TO YOU TO OPTIMIZE YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN.
An onsite site survey is an important step in the AB&R Solution Design process. By coming to your site, our engineers can design your solution using the best tracking hardware and software for your needs. The results of our site survey play a big role in our Solution Design Specification (SDS) to ensure your installation goes smoothly.
THE AB&R SITE SURVEY IS IMPORTANT
When you are implementing a brand-new solution, we highly recommend site surveys because a solutions expert can give you recommendations and ensure your solution needs are met. For example, ordering RFID equipment from an online store does not guarantee that it will work in your location or on your material. Our AB&R engineers have the expertise to make sure you are successful.
RFID SITE SURVEYS
During an RFID site survey, AB&R technicians will test our equipment in your environment – your site’s pathways, pinch points, and work areas. This will help us install your RFID equipment correctly later to avoid any impacts to how your system works.
RFID SITE SURVEYS ARE COMPLETED BY EXPERIENCED RFID ENGINEERS AND INCLUDE:
- The RFID site survey starts with an on-site assessment of each location that you want to optimize. If you haven’t identified the locations yet, our engineer will recommend the best locations to start.
- While visiting, the engineer will bring RFID test equipment and tags to make sure they are working in your unique environment.
- The engineer will identify any environmental or physical characteristics that may impact your RFID solution and ways to mitigate them.
- Our team will also document areas of concern, full test results, and photographs to use in our Solution Design Specification (SDS).
- The engineer will ensure the mounting locations and installation plan will work to make sure your RFID equipment works at its optimum.
- The engineer will document the critical parameters of each read point using the RFID site survey form and use that data in our SDS.
- After they collect all the information, the team will complete your SDS.
BARCODE SITE SURVEYS
Although they are less common than their RFID counterparts, barcode site surveys can help companies who want to use barcodes. When setting up your barcode system, there are many considerations: your environment, workflow and how many labels you will need. Our technicians can make suggestions on materials you’ll need, as well as what hardware will work best for your solution.
BARCODE SURVEYS ARE COMPLETED BY OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE ENGINEERS AND INCLUDE:
- Our engineers will visit your site to evaluate your operations and create a plan for improvement.
- While they visit, they will bring several label samples to determine which would work best in your environment.
- The engineer will identify any environmental or physical characteristics that will affect your barcode solution. They will also recommend barcoding materials that will work in your environment.
- After they have determined the best label, they will recommend a printer that can accommodate your barcoding requirements.
- After they’ve collected all the information and tested labels in your environment, the team will complete your SDS.